Below you'll find links to some other great organisations in Britain who offer support to co-ops and groups working for social change.
We've divided the links into the following categories:
Resources such as guides, info sheets and books are available on our Resources page.
○ London Roots Collective - Workshops and training to strengthen grassroots groups working towards social change. London based.
○ Navigate - Workshops and meeting facilitation for groups working towards environmental and social justice.
○ Rhizome - Training, facilitation, mediation for community activists and organisations. Lots of interesting materials about consensus and facilitation on their site.
○ Tripod - Training for creative social action. Based in Scotland.
○ Turning the Tide - Quaker programme promoting understanding and practice of active nonviolence. UK wide.
○ Acorn Coop Support - Expert advice and training on co-operative governance, finance, business and strategic planning.
○ Catalyst Collective - The place to go for help with setting up and registering housing co-ops. Lots of info on their website. Experts in co-operative finances and business planning.
○ Co-op Culture - Training and services for sustainable co-ops: business and finance planning, advice on governance, community share offers.
○ Radical Routes - Network of radical co-ops working for social change.
○ Co-operatives UK - Umbrella organisation for UK co-operatives, runs support programmes.
○ Green and Black Cross - Info and training on legal rights in relation to protest and demonstrations. Legal observer training. Maintain a list of solicitors.
○ The Network for Police Monitoring - Guides on police tactics and legal rights.
○ The Legal Defence and Monitoring Group - Legal backup on demonstrations in and around London (GB). Lots of useful info and guides.
○ Activist Mediation Network - Mediation service for social change groups. Training in skills for dealing with conflict.
○ Activist Trauma Support - Now dormant, but site has useful resources.
○ Counselling for Social Change - Free/low cost counselling service for activists and campaigners.
○ Find your local CVS - Your
local Council for Voluntary Services can often provide advice and training.